Recipe courtesy of BostonSidewalks.com
- 2 T honey
- 1/4 c raspberry jam (Poulaners Sugar Free works great)
- 6-8 fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4-6 c Mesclun
- 1 ripe pear, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 c walnuts, broken in large pieces
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- To make the dressing, add the honey, jam, raspberries and lemon juice to a container and whisk together to mix. Add the olive oil and whisk to thoroughly combine. Taste and add salt as needed. I like to add a few twists of very fine freshly ground black pepper but this is certainly optional.
- In a separate large bowl, add the greens and toss lightly with enough dressing just to coat. Do not overdress this salad as the greens are somewhat delicate and you will end up with a wilted mess.
- If you are making this for a large number of people, you can add the pears, walnuts and cranberries to the greens, lightly toss, and then serve out of a salad bowl on a buffet. If you are serving individual plates I like to plate the dressed greens and then top them with the pears, walnuts and cranberries and serve it immediately.
Recipe Yield: Serves 2 as dinner/lunch salad, 4 as side salads