1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray bottom and sides of a deep casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Place the apples in a bowl and toss them with the lemon juice.
3. Mix together the brown sugar, 1 T flour and the cinnamon in a small bowl and then add the mixture to the apples. Toss well until the apples are coated. Add the apple mixture to the casserole dish and spread out evenly.. Sprinkle the water over the apples.
4. In medium bowl, add 1 cup of flour, granulated sugar and softened butter, Using a pastry blender or fork, work the mix until crumbly and then sprinkle it over the apples.
5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with fork. Cool 10 minutes before serving.