1. In the next steps we are going to chop the ingredients in a food processor. It is best to do this in two batches. So add 1/2 of each ingredient called for in each batch.
2. Add the corned beef to a food processor and pulse several times to get a coarse chop. You may have to mix it with a spoon after the first couple of spins depending on how much you put in the bowl. Do not over process this at any step. We are not trying to make a paste here, we want it to be chunky.
3. Add the vegetables to the processor and pulse several times.
4. Heat the oil and/or butter in a fry pan until it is hot.
5. Add the hash mix and stir to coat with the oil and butter.
6. Cook over medium to medium high heat until the edges of the corned beef start to char. Turn it in sections several times during the cooking process with a spatula. Once it is well charred it is done.
See our recipe for Poached Eggs
and learn how to make them ahead of time to take all the stress out of making this for a crowd.