1. Wash the beet greens in a bowl of water or a salad spinner. There is no need to dry them as we will be steaming them later.
2. Add about a cup of water to a pan large enough to hold the beet greens. They will shrink considerably on cooking so if you don't have a pan large enough to hold all of them go ahead and put in what the pan will hold and as they are cooking keep adding them until they are all in the pan.
3. Add the wet beet greens to the pan. See the previous instruction on how to proceed if they won't all fit in the pan.
4. Turn the heat to medium high until the water in the pan starts to boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the greens, stirring frequently until they are fully wilted. Once wilted cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Drain the liquid from the pan. You can do this by using a strainer or colander or simply place a cover on the pan and turn it over in the sink to drain the water out. Once they are drained place them back in the pan and tip the pan and move the beet greens to the high side to allow and additional liquid to drain out.