Summertime means fresh vegetables, the kind you can buy at a farm stand that were picked that morning. To me that's the only way to eat them and have them really at their peak. This green bean recipe is only for beans, either green or yellow wax, that are just out of the garden and are just as good raw as they are cooked.
Farm Fresh Green and Yellow Wax Beans
With this method, they are lightly steamed and then finished in the butter. And the little lemon pieces cooked right in with the beans add great flavor and taste amazing when eaten right along with the beans. And don't peel the lemon, that is the best part. Enjoy!
1. Wash the beans and trim the ends
2. Cut the beans in half, or thirds if they are really long
3. Add the beans to a fry pan with the water, butter, lemon, salt and pepper
Beans in Pan 4-3
4. Turn the heat to high and when it starts to boil and steam, cover the pan, reduce the heat and steam for 5 minutes
5. Remove the cover and continue cooking until the water evaporates, tossing or stirring the beans several times, about 3-5 minutes