1. Cook the broccoli according to the package directions.
Frozen Broccoli Florets Ready for Steaming
2. Drain the broccoli in a colander, return it to the pan and and set it aside.
3. Cook the egg noodles al dente. If it says 9-11 minutes on the package, cook them for 7 minutes.
4. Drain the noodles in a colander and let them sit until ready to use.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
6. In a large bowl, mix together the soup, diced chiles with juices, 2/3 of the cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, celery, milk, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Add the Ingredients to a Large Bowl and Mix Them Together
7. Add the noodles and broccoli to the bowl with the sauce and fold it all together.
Add the Broccoli and Noodles to the Bowl
Mix all the Ingredients Together
8. Pour the mixture into a 13 x 8 x 2 baking dish.
Add the Ingredients to a Casserole Dish for Baking
9. Sprinkle the 1/4 cup of water evenly over the top of the dish and then cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
10. While it is baking, melt the butter and mix it with the crumbled crackers. The easiest way to crumble the crackers is to place them in a baggie and tap them lightly on the countertop with the bottom of a drinking glass. You can also do it by crumbling them with your hands into a bowl.
11. Remove the casserole from the oven, take off the foil covering and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 of the cheese and the buttered crackers over the top of the dish.
Pre-Bake with Cheese Topping
12. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until it is hot and bubbly and the top is nicely browned. The internal temp should be around 146° F.