1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with the cajun seasoning.
3. Heat the stock or water in the microwave until just boiling and set aside.
4. Add the oil to a saute pan and heat over medium high heat.
5. Once heated, add the chicken thighs skin side down and let them cook until the skin is browned and crisp, about3-4 minutes. Turn them over and let them cook on the underside for about 2 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken to a place and set aside.
7. Pour off all be 1 T of the oil in the pan and add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Saute until the onions begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the butter and the rice and stir, continuing to cook for about 2-3 minutes until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
9. Add the rice and vegetable mixture to a casserole dish and add the heated stock. Mix lightly.
10. Set the chicken thighs into the casserole resting on the rice mixture leaving the skin part of the chicken above the water.
11. Cover the casserole and place in the 350° oven and cook covered for 25 minutes.
12. Remove the foil and continue cooking until the chicken and the rice are cooked, about 25-35 minutes. If the rice gets too dry add 2 T of water at a time during the cooking process.
13. Remove from the oven and let set for 5-10 minutes before serving.