Pork ribs are quite often cooked with the addition of a dry rub to add flavor and to help tenderize the ribs. This rub recipe, created specifically for use with oven cooked baby back ribs, will add a deep smokey flavor to the ribs as they cook in the oven. It comprises brown sugar, chile powders, smoked and sweet paprika, garlic, onion and a few other goodies.
So give it a try and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 T Gebhardt Chili Powder (or substitute your favorite brand)
- 2 t ancho chile powder
- 1 t chipotle chile powder
- 2 T smoked paprika
- 1 T sweet paprika
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 t granulated onion
- 1 t granulated garlic
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 1/2 t ground mustard
- Mix all ingredients and whisk together until well blended.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.